Friday, April 22, 2011

Seahorse & Shells - Summer Necklace

Well finally I have managed to chill out, and have the time to make something :)
Inspired by a beautiful seahorse pendant that i have, plus gorgeous seashells, a seaside dreamy cluster pendant was too irresistable to make.

I struggled at the beginning, when placing the beads together, found that it was all too neutral and i thought that it needed a splash of colour, so i mixed in 2 shades of swarovski crystals too (Pacific opal and Indicolite) and I am pleased with the result.

So, with coral, shells, freshwater pearls, crystals and silver ... I am already designing the next one in my head that will have red coral, pearls, shells and turquoise beads. I hope that it will come together in real life like I see it in my minds eye.

WIth the Easter Weekend ahead of me, I hope i'll have to time to try and put that one together too.

Enjoy the long weekend :)



Via Flickr:
Sterling Silver Seahorse pendant accompanied with a rich cluster of pearls, crystals and silver beads.

Comes with a 20" Sterling Silver chain, ready to wear for all occasions.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful necklace (just like the rest of them) and I can't wait to see the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful Nic, i love it, the splash of colour works so well. Hope you have a lovely Easter, and get to do lots of jewellery making :-)

    ReplyDelete